Military Ministry at The Lighthouse

Military Ministry at The Lighthouse
LEGO American Roadshow

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Saying Goodbye to My Grandmother

Andrew Raffety went home on leave a couple of weeks ago because his grandmother way dying of cancer. His leave ended and he came back to Virginia Beach. She passed away last week. But before she died Andrew sent a letter that he wanted his family to read to her. Andrew's family was gathered around her and she was awake when his aunt read his letter. It was such a touching tribute to his grandmother I wanted to share it here. I asked him and he said it was all right.

 

Papa,

Had a great time talking to you this evening, will call again on Wed (got duty tomorrow night).  I was wondering if you could share the following message with Beemer, even if she may be asleep.  I have been wondering how to deliver this message since I started leave, and it just came to me:


Beemer,

I wished I could have communicated this to you sooner, however this message just came to me.  I love you.  You have been the best Grandmother anyone could ask for.  If I  could say one last thing it would be this:  Jesus Loves You!  Trust in Him and receive him into your heart!  This is the path to everlasting life, this is what I have learned since becoming a Christian.  I Love you!!!

Your Loving Grandson,

Andrew

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment