Military Ministry at The Lighthouse

Military Ministry at The Lighthouse
LEGO American Roadshow

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Prayer Walking - or Driving on Oceana Naval Air Station Dam Neck Annex

This afternoon was gorgeous! The weather was sunny and warm. It was just a beautiful day here in Virginia Beach.

This is really special because we've had a lot of damp, cold, rainy, and just plain gloomy days lately.

I needed to get a new plastic pad for under the chair in my office at home. So I decided to go to Office Max and get one. I had to stop at Dairy Queen and get my chocolate dipped ice ream cone with chocolate ice cream on the way.

I selected one of the Office Max stores from my GPS and punched it in. Little did I know it was going to take me to the store way out past Princess Anne Hospital! But that was OK because I was enjoying the drive and the weather and the company of my wife.

After we bought the floor mat we decided to go to Dam Neck and drive around the base simply to pray and intercede for the young sailors going to school there.

We drove up and down the streets and around the barracks praying that God would break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. That He would give us favor with the sailors on Dam Neck and make connections for us with some of them. We prayed that God would help us reach them for Jesus Christ. And we prayed for the Coffee House ministry going on there under the direction of the chapel.

After our prayer time we went to the beach and sat watching the sun set behind us. It was so calm and peaceful by the water. It was a really enjoyable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment