Military Ministry at The Lighthouse

Military Ministry at The Lighthouse
LEGO American Roadshow

Monday, May 16, 2016

Joshua Ellinor, Andrew Raffety, and John Otriz

Another awesome weekend!

Saturday evening Andrew Raffety and Joshua Ellinor came over.

We had hamburgers and chips for dinner, followed by mint Oreo cookies. I don't know...I've got a problem with green Oreo filling. It just seems like it should be white. But...that's just me. They were good.



Then we taught Josh how to play Settlers of Catan. Wow did he learn that game fast! We played it twice. The first game ended really quick, the second game not so much.

I won the first game....then Yvonne and Andrew battled for the second game. Really Andrew won!


Sunday Andrew had to get ready for a room inspection so he couldn't come over. Josh and John Ortiz came over.

Yvonne made chicken Alfredo and rice and salad for dinner. Then for dessert she made strawberry compote over vanilla ice cream! It was great! Both Andrew and Josh took pictures of it, so if they send me one I'll add it to this post. And here it is!!!!!!!



After dinner we watched another movie. This one was "Fireproof". Great message! We had a nice discussion about it afterward too.



John asked Yvonne and me what the secret of the longevity of our marriage was. I said it was because we started our marriage out on faith in Jesus Christ. Yvonne wouldn't date me because the first time I asked her out she said I wasn't a Christian. I had never been born again and had no personal relationship with Jesus Christ. And, she did not date non-Christians. After a few weeks of talking and listening I invited Jesus Christ into my life. After that we began dating. And, the rest is history!

But the essence of our longevity is the ability to forgive each other. Because we have each experienced forgiveness in our lives from Jesus Christ, we are able to forgive each other. And trust me, in any marriage relationship there is always plenty of stuff to forgive!

The director of the servicemen's center where Yvonne and I met used to say jokingly, "If you don't forgive each other, you won't go to heaven!" I believe there is truth in that statement! And for both of us, we decided together that divorce was not an option! No matter what, we would not discuss or consider divorce!

And praise God, He has blessed us with 43 wonderful years!

John did ask if we ever had any rough patches. And Yvonne and I both told him we have had our ups and downs. But Jesus has always been there to see us through those times!

After we prayed together, John had other things to do, and Josh came to church with us. Our church had a stewardship banquet last night. The food was great! It was a nice time of fellowship too. Then we took Josh back to Oceana, and the weekend came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment