Military Ministry at The Lighthouse

Military Ministry at The Lighthouse
LEGO American Roadshow

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Time For An Update On Our Military Ministry!

Before those of you who follow our blog get tired of waiting for something new and forget where we live out here in the "blogosphere" I will catch you up on our activities for the last eight weeks. Don't worry, I will make it brief and it will be mostly pictures!

I had back surgery two months ago and have been recuperating. Going to physical therapy three times a week and getting stronger. Yea! Walking 1/2 mile a day and seem to be doing well with it. Ill have to kick it up by another 1/4 mile soon. It's mostly a mental struggle. Actually, it's a lazy struggle...but I won't go there.

We've never stopped ministering to the servicemen that are coming over to the house, even during my recovery period. Yvonne is terrific! She cleans the house, cooks for the guys, and gets me stuff too. But that last part is rapidly coming to an end. :)

OK, I promised this would be brief and that wasn't "evangelistically speaking". So let me show you some pics of what we've been doing that I promised.




Our favorite game! Settlers of Catan...My cell phone takes better pictures than my old Nikon camera.


 The young lady on the left is Diane, Yvonne's sister. And no, she's not in the military. Look close at Josh's head...notice anything growing?


Pretty cool family huh?! My wife, my sister-in-law, and my boys!


Guess who won this game...AGAIN!


OK, they made me do a selfie with them to prove that I was still alive and there!


Todd, would you STOP pinching my cheek!!!!

And now on to another week...RISK...the game that brings out the true competitive spirit! If you look close at the board you will see there are no red pieces. That's because the guys decided they were going to take me out of the game in a hurry, so they ganged up on me! But you will notice who is standing up and on a major campaign...YUP! Yvonne is on the move!






Black is always the color that Yvonne picks when she plays RISK! She's sweeping the board!


OK, so here is John Ortiz' new toy. He decided to bring in the heavy artillery!


And Yvonne says, "Yea, but I'm still going to win!"

And then there was the week we played UNO ATTACK!




Hi!


Caught in the act! Reaching for his cup of raspberry iced tea! And, no, it wasn't in the freezer this time!


Again Yvonne wanted to make sure she had photographic evidence that I was there!


You're not seeing me...


Ah Ha! I see you!


It spit how many cards at you!!!???? Wow!

So, after a few weeks, the weather was beautiful and I felt good enough to try going out. I suggested we go MINI GOLFING...and of course, before we do that we have to go eat pizza!


Yvonne suggested trying CICI's Piza instead of the usual Pizza Hut.


Wow! It was really good! Can you tell?


Come on John, smile! OK, here's my smile without the painful grimace. OK, the painful grimace wasn't because of my back. It was because I ate too much!


But, notice who has her plate full of pizza? Yup! Yvonne likes it too! I think we'll do that again!


Here we are...guess what Yvonne made us do...


From the right - see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil.


And on the back nine...It is Andrew ready to put his ball in the cup! And finally, we HAVE to go to Dairy Queen for dessert after we have a hard game of miniature golfing. It's all about getting our energy back!


Finally, since we were pretty active this week, the next we played HOT DICE at home.




Todd was with us again, and volunteered to keep score. He stays with us when he comes to town for his reserve drill weekends.




"Come on," Josh says as he shakes the cup, "give me something I can work with!"


"Yea! You did it!"


"Yup! I was here! With my trusty Batman shirt!"

I promised you I would be few in words, and mostly pictures and I kept my word!

No comments:

Post a Comment