Military Ministry at The Lighthouse

Military Ministry at The Lighthouse
LEGO American Roadshow

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Eric Trejo and Captain George's Restaurant!

Yvonne and I got together with Eric Trejo again last night for dinner - at Captain George's in Williamsburg. Oh! Did I say OH! I love Captain George's...it's my favorite restaurant! We've never been been to the one in Williamsburg before. Usually we go to the one on Laskin Road in Virginia Beach. Unfortunately, the one in VB totally redecorated and took out all of the nautical ambiance. It just looks like an upscale, nice, but plain restaurant. But the one last night was beautifully decorated! The buffet bars where the food was served were all tall masted ships. As we walked in there was a beautiful stone waterfall.The sound of the waterfall really added to the visual experience as we walked in. The whole thing was a visual and auditory delight right from the beginning.

Then there was the food...oh! Did I say OH!!! The food was delicious! Did I say OOOOHHH?!!!! So, was it the asparagus? I love asparagus! Or the oysters Rockefeller? The fried oysters? The scallops? Or could it have been the unlimited, huge, crab legs? Yes, unlimited HUGE crab legs, I think it was probably all of the above! :) And then some!! Did I mention the dessert bar? No wait. I didn't mention the dessert bar? Oh my, were has my mind gone? The baklava, the rice pudding, the chocolate moose, the bread pudding, and the banana pudding were awesome too! Yup, I had a little bit of each...topped off with a couple cups of delicious coffee.

But was it only the ambiance, or the delicious food, or was it the fellowship we had? Yup! I think the fellowship with Eric was a huge part of it! We got there at 4:30 and didn't leave until 9:00! We shared and talked story...we talked about the Lord, and about our churches. We talked about our families, and our ministries. It was an awesome evening with an awesome young man!

Just wait, there are pictures to come! We forgot our camera so Eric took the pictures on his phone. When he sends them I'll post them.

And for anyone who doesn't like the use of the word "awesome", I'm sorry...but the evening was...

No comments:

Post a Comment